Make Mama Proud by Cooking Up Miranda Lambert’s Meatloaf
Remember the good ol’ days when Sunday night dinner was a tradition that no one wanted to miss? Ah, memories.
Well, reminisce no more because Miranda Lambert is bringing back that home-style recipe of Mama’s meatloaf to the table complete with all the hearty fixings. Whether you pair the main with a side of mashed potatoes and peas, or you eat it as a sandwich, meatloaf just gives us all the feels of being a kid again and knowing that’s what’s coming out of the oven during family dinner.
Take a stab at making Lambert’s meatloaf recipe that will make anyone wish their mom was cooking up a storm in the kitchen they grew up around. Don’t forget the ketchup!
Miranda Lambert’s Mama’s Meatloaf
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 18 saltine crackers, crushed
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- Heat the oven to 350˚F. While the oven warms up, mix together the ground beef, sausage, crackers, bell pepper, onion, eggs, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Add half of the brown sugar into the mixture until all ingredients are blended together.
- Place the mix into an 11-x-7” baking dish, but create a loaf that is about 10-x-5”. Bake the loaf for about one hour.
- After the hour has passed, take the meatloaf out and drain any of the excess liquids. Mix together the rest of the brown sugar with the ketchup to baste on top of the meatloaf. Stick it back into the oven for another 15 minutes to get the full flavor.
- Once removed from the oven, let the loaf cool for 20 minutes before slicing up and serving to friends and family.