Lindsay Ell to Release Debut EP, ‘Worth The Wait’
Rising country star and guitar slinger Lindsay Ell will release her first collective piece of work when her debut EP Worth The Wait is released on Friday, March 24.
Ell teased the release on Twitter late last week, telling fans to keep an eye out for big news the following morning. On Friday (March 17) she took to the social platform once again, writing “The time has come….I am finally getting to release a bunch of new songs!! ONE week from today. I promise it’s going to be #worththewait. 😉”
The EP will feature six songs, three of which were written by Ell, with a producing credit going to GRAMMY-winning musician Kristian Bush (of Sugarland). Among the songs featured on the project is a cover of John Mayer’s “Stop This Train,” from his 2006 project Continuum. Worth The Wait also features songwriting credits from some of Nashville’s brightest songwriters, Ryan Hurd (Maren Morris “I Wish I Was,” Blake Shelton feat. Ashley Monroe “Lonely Tonight”), Caitlyn Smith (Cassadee Pope “Wasting All These Tears,” Kenny Rogers feat. Dolly Parton “You Can’t Make Old Friends”) and Heather Morgan (Brett Eldredge “Lose My Mind,” Sara Evans “Slow Me Down”), among others.
Worth The Wait will be available for purchase Friday, March 24.
Worth The Wait Track Listing:
1) “Waiting on You” (Lindsay Ell, Adam Hambrick, Andrew DeRoberts)
2) “Criminal” (Lindsay Ell, Chris Stevens, Fred Wilhelm)
3) “Space” (Caitlyn Smith, Heather Morgan, Maggie Chapman)
4) “Standing Here” (Melissa Peirce, Ryan Hurd, Chase McGill)
5) “Worth The Wait” (Lindsay Ell, Travis Meadows)
6) “Stop This Train” (John Mayer, Pino Palladion)