Thomas Rhett Reveals Details About Forthcoming Record, ‘Life Changes’
Thomas Rhett thought there was no better way to reflect on his whirlwind experiences over the past year than to dedicate the title of his record to become Life Changes.
From becoming a father to adopted daughter Willa Gray to soon having a biological one of his own within the next couple weeks, Rhett has put his life on fast forward without losing sight of his career. Changing his sound up in a progressive matter for his forthcoming album, Rhett put all of his feelings toward his future throughout the 14-track project.
Featuring songs about love, family and getting older, Rhett hopes the nostalgic collection resonates with the fans in his simultaneous progression with them. Writing with a pop-country perspective with hitmakers like Julian Bunetta and John Henry Ryan (both of which include a stacked resume of huge singles for artists such as One Direction, Jason Derulo and John Legend), Rhett strives toward the next step in his sound and wants the listener to really feel the emotions he dove into on each track.
“I want people to come in from different genres and be like, ‘Dang, I never really listened to country music, but this record kind of turns me on in different ways,’” Rhett told USA Today when talking about Life Changes. “I think that’s why I recorded so many different types of songs on this record and really just tried to write what I know about.”
Rhett helped pen 10 out of 14 songs featured on the upcoming effort, guiding his inspiration from the love between him and his wife, Lauren, and their blossoming family overlapping with the heightened success of his career.
Fans already got a taste of what to expect on Life Changes from the addictive “Craving You” featuring Maren Morris, in which the first single from the album flew up to No. 1. They’ll hear another side of the project on “Unforgettable,” which premieres on Friday, July 28.
Life Changes is due out everywhere on September 8.
Life Changes Track List:
- Craving You (featuring Maren Morris)–Written by Dave Barnes, Julian Bunetta
- Unforgettable–Written by Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally
- Sixteen–Written by Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur
- Drink A Little Beer (featuring Rhett Akins)–Written by Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ben Hayslip
- Marry Me–Written by Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally
- Leave Right Now–Written by Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Edward Drewett, John Henry Ryan
- Smooth Like The Summer–Written by Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne
- Life Changes–Written by Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley
- When You Look Like That–Written by Jessi Alexander, Matt Dragstrem, David Lee Murphy
- Sweetheart–Written by Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur
- Kiss Me Like A Stranger–Written by Thomas Rhett, Dave Barnes, Jordan Reynolds
- Renegades–Written by Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, John Henry Ryan
- Gateway Love–Written by Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Sam Ellis, Emily Weisband
- Grave–Written by Chris DeStefano, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Miller