Brett Young Books ‘Ticket to L.A.’ for Sophomore Album
The next chapter of Brett Young’s musical journey is set for takeoff in the form of his sophomore album, Ticket to L.A. Scheduled for release on December 7, the project will follow his wildly successful, self-titled debut.
“It’s been four-and-a-half years that I’ve been in Nashville,” says the Southern California native in a press release. “A lot has happened, the first record has been really good to me and I’m really, really proud of it. But just having a new batch of songs – it’s like breathing new life almost.”
Co-writing 10 of the 13 featured tracks, Young calls the project an evolution, rather than a reinvention. He focuses on matters of the heart, while also ramping up production on the record. Closest to his heart of all is his home state, of which he visits whenever he gets the chance.
View this post on Instagram
“I decided to name the album Ticket to L.A. because flying home to Los Angeles has become such a big part of my life,” Young shares. “A lot of the first record reflected a kind of hard point in my life when I was moving from Los Angeles to Nashville, but I’m in a completely different place now. I’m so happy, and I think you can really hear that shift on the new record.”
Among the tracks on the project include a collaboration about life’s ups and downs with pop singer Gavin DeGraw, one of Young’s biggest influences. Ticket to L.A. also features some of Nashville’s most prolific songwriters, including Shane McAnally, Hillary Lindsey and Lady Antebellum’s Charles Kelley.
Young may test out of some the new tracks on his upcoming headlining CMT on Tour: Here Tonight 2018, which shares the name of his new single. The trek, featuring special guests Rachel Wammack and Tyler Rich, begins Nov. 16 in Royal Oaks, MI.
View this post on Instagram
Fans can pre-order Young’s sophomore effort on brettyoungmusic.com, where a limited number of destination bundles are available. The bundles feature either a California or Tennessee scented travel candle, enamel pin set, hand-numbered poster and a signed CD booklet.
Ticket to L.A. Track Listing:
1. “Ticket To L.A.” | Written by Brett Young, Zach Crowell, Jon Nite
2. “Here Tonight” | Written by Brett Young, Ben Caver, Justin Ebach, Charles Kelley
3. “Catch” | Written by Brett Young, Ross Copperman, Ashley Gorley
4. “1, 2, 3 – Mississippi” | Written by Brett Young, Justin Ebach, Jon Nite
5. “Let It Be Mine” | Written by Ross Copperman, Shane McAnally, Jon Nite
6. “Where You Want Me” | Written by Brett Young, Jessie Jo Dillon, Shane McAnally
7. “Used To Missin’ You” | Written by Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins
8. “Change Your Name” | Written by Ross Copperman, Matt Jenkins, Jon Nite
9. “Chapters” (Feat. Gavin DeGraw) | Written by Brett Young, Ross Copperman, Gavin DeGraw
10. “The Ship And The Bottle” | Written by Nicolle Galyon, Chase McGill, Jon Nite
11. “Reason To Stay” | Written by Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins, Emily Warren
12. “Runnin’ Away From Home” | Written by Brett Young, Zach Crowell, Hillary Lindsey
13. “Don’t Wanna Write This Song” | Written by Brett Young, Zach Crowell, Sean McConnell