It’s that time of year to wrap up in the coziest of blankets, slip on those cable-knit sweaters, and curl up by the fireplace! With the cooler weather brings the warm comfort foods we all know and love, and Jessie James Decker swears by her easy-to-make chili recipe to toast up those taste buds.
As a full-time mother and a busy country music star, Decker lacks time in the kitchen to whip up gourmet dinners night after night. Thankfully, her chili never fails as the ultimate easy meal and her husband, Eric Decker, definitely approves.
A little bit of spice and a sprinkle or so of cheese goes a long way with this comfort food favorite, especially when paired with a cold brew or hot cider. Try your hand at Decker’s favorite dish when the temperatures get a little bit chilly and you need a hot, yummy bite to get in the season spirit!
Jessie James Decker’s Chill-E!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 can Rotel
- 3 cans of kidney beans
- 1 can vegetarian chili
- Cumin, to taste
- Chili seasoning, to taste
- Shredded yellow cheese (optional)
- Grab a large cooking pot and drizzle with olive oil. Sauté the onion and carrots together until well cooked.
- Add the ground beef and stir in the pot until fully cooked through. Add dashes of salt and pepper throughout the cooking process.
- Throw in the Rotel, kidney beans and chili and mix all of the ingredients around as the chili begin to simmer. Toss in a sprinkle of cumin and chili seasoning, as well as some more salt and pepper, to create a spicy flavor for the dish.
- Cover the pot and allow the chili to simmer on a low heat until all ingredients are fully cooked.
- Dish out the chili in bowls topped with the shredded cheese of your choice. Enjoy!
Jessie’s latest album, Southern Girl City Lights, is available now.