Cole Swindell on Title Track of Forthcoming Album All of It: “I Had to Have It”
All of It is more than just the title of Cole Swindell’s new album; it encapsulates what the project stands for. The country star reveals that the album was completed by the time he heard the song that would become one of its defining numbers–and its title track–and felt compelled to incorporate it at the last minute.
“We had our songs recorded and I happened to hear this song called ‘All of It’ and I said, ‘I’ve got to have that song,’” Swindell tells Sounds Like Nashville. “It was the first time ever I went back in the studio because I knew I had to have it. It was something my album was missing. It’s got a cool vibe about it.”
Swindell reveals it was the melody that grabbed him and convinced him to make it a part of the album, adding that it’s reminiscent of the melody behind his debut single “Chillin’ It.”
“It’s telling your partner ‘I want the good, the bad, I want all of it,’” he says of the track, which he considers a love song. And while a theme of love may be at the song’s center, expect it to also be a high-energy moment in his live show.
“As I’ve grown as an artist, I’ve put out the songs like ‘Break Up in the End,’ ‘You Should be Here’ and I love those songs because I know what they mean to people,” he continues. “But the show I like to put on, I need songs like ‘All of It’ that gets the crowd going. It’s a feel-good song that I think people are going to want to roll the windows down and turn up.”
Swindell also hints that the title track could be released as a single, and based on his history of sending multiple tracks to the top of the chart, “All of It” may earn itself that same designation.
He knew it would be the perfect title track. “I feel like the album is a mixture of the serious songs, the sad songs, the happy party songs, and I think it’s a great title for my album,” he describes. “’All of It’ is the reason we picked it because I think the album is full of every topic we could touch on.”
Cole Swindell’s All of It is available beginning Aug. 17. Pre-order your copy now.
All of It Track Listing:
1. “Love You Too Late” (Cole Swindell, Michael Carter, Brandon Kinney)
2. “All of It” (Bobby Pinson, Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman)
3. “Somebody’s Been Drinkin’” (Brent Anderson, Lynn Hutton, Hunter Phelps)
4. “Sounded Good Last Night” (Michael Carter, Shane Minor, Chase McGill, Cole Taylor)
5. “Break Up in the End” (Jon Nite, Chase McGill, Jessie Jo Dillon)
6. “I’ll Be Your Small Town” (Cole Swindell, Cole Taylor, Chase McGill)
7. “The Ones Who Got Me Here” (Cole Swindell, Ashley Gorley, Jesse Frasure)
8. “20 in a Chevy” (Cole Swindell, Ross Copperman, Jon Nite)
9. “Reason to Drink” (Cole Swindell, Michael Carter, Brandon Kinney)
10. “Her” (Matt Jenkins, Ashley Gorley, Chase McGill, Wade Kirby, Phil O’Donnell)
11. “Both Sides of The Mississippi” (Matt Jenkins, Ben Hayslip, J.T. Harding)
12. “Dad’s Old Number” (Jessi Alexander, Chase McGill)