If Dolly Parton vouches for it, then it has to be good! That’s the approach we take when it comes to most anything Parton preaches, but nothing more so than her famous recipe for Walnut Pie! The Tennessee native’s recipe comes just in time for the holiday season when baked goods are aplenty!
Dolly’s Walnut Pie is a staple in her household and has been since she first visited Nashville after high school. “It’s always on the table at Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I could eat it any time of year,” the legendary entertainer says of the tasty treat.
Check out the recipe below and add a little bit of Dolly Parton magic to your holiday dinner table!
Dolly Parton’s Famous Walnut Pie
Prep time: 15 min
Bake time: 55 min
1 fold out pie crust (thawed)
¾ cup of sugar
¾ cup light corn syrup
1½ cups of finely chopped walnuts
¼ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. Line 9-inch pie pan with unrolled crust.
3. Use hand mixer to beat eggs in a large bowl. Add sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt gradually to eggs. Mix until combined. Add melted butter and mix until combined thoroughly.
4. Pour combined mixture into the pie shell and add walnuts. Spread walnuts evenly through mixture.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°F and bake for 45 minutes more.
6. After 30 minutes, add collar of foil around crust.
7. Remove from oven. Enjoy with a dollop of whipped cream.