We all know Trisha Yearwood is a phenomenal singer, but did you know she is also an egg-celent cook?
Bacon makes everything better, right? Well that is definitely the case when it comes to country queen, Trisha Yearwood’s, scrumptious deviled egg recipe. Deviled eggs are a classic favorite for an easy, yet delicious snack, but Trisha’s recipe has a fun little twist.
The Georgia native ditches the paprika and loads on the bacon for this meat lover’s friendly recipe. Not only does the bacon add to your protein intake of the day, but it also adds a nice crunch and extra flavor.
While her hubby, Garth Brooks, prefers the classic deviled egg recipe, Trisha’s recipe is sure to have you ditching the classic recipe for this fun, bacon-y twist. Check it out below!
Trisha Yearwood’s Sour Cream and Bacon Deviled Eggs
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Inactive: 1 hour 25 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
• 12 large eggs
• 6 tbsp. sour cream
• 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
• 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 4 tbsp. chopped chives
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place eggs in a medium saucepan. Fill with with enough water to cover the eggs and bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat. Cover and let the stand for 20 minutes.
3. Drain water from saucepan. Refill with with cold water. Let eggs sit in cold water for 5 minutes.
4. Crack eggshells and peel. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
5. Halve the eggs lengthwise
6. Remove the yolks and place them in a small bowl.
7. Mash yolks with a fork. Stir in sour cream and mayonnaise.
8. Save 1 tbsp. of bacon and chives for garnish. Stir the rest into the mixture.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Fill each halved egg with a spoonful of the mixture.
11. Sprinkle each egg top with remaining 1 tbsp. of bacon and chives.