For the first time ever, Southern Living and CMT are partnering to celebrate two of America’s favorite things–delicious home-cooked food and country music–in Country Music’s Greatest Eats, which is available now.
Much more than a cookbook, Country Music’s Greatest Eats is a backstage pass to the lives–and kitchens of over 30 of country’s biggest stars, including legends like Alan Jackson, Hank Williams, Jr., and Wynonna, as well as some of today’s hottest stars like Florida Georgia Line, Gloriana, Miranda Lambert and Zac Brown Band.
Music fans and Southern food lovers get a seat at the table with these incredible artists as they share recipes they grew up with, the memorable meals enjoyed on the road, and the dishes they love to come home to. With more than 75 recipes, extensive interviews, and personal photos Country Music’s Greatest Eats captures the sizzle and flavor of country music.
· Personal stories from six-time Grammy winner Amy Grant, who attributes the deliciousness of her perfect Pot Roast recipe to the speckled blue roasting pan that was passed down from husband Vince Gill’s grandmother – a legendary cook.
· A cooking lesson from Wynonna, who reveals her generations-old family recipe for Broccoli Casserole, a favorite of her daughter, Grace.
· Grilling alongside Florida Georgia Line’s Brian Kelley and Tyler Hubbard, who reveal the secret recipe for their Serrano Pepper Burgers.
· How to cook for a crowd from the Zac Brown Band with recipes for Louisiana Blue Crab-Stuffed Catfish Fillets, Bacon-Mushroom Stone-Ground Grits and Cajun Remoulade – a favorite meal among band members and fans at the band’s legendary “Eat and Greet” suppers.
· Family recipes from Allison DeMarcus, host of CMT’s Reel Eats and wife of Rascal Flatts’ Jay DeMarcus, who shares her momma’s Breakfast Casserole recipe. On casseroles, she says, “That’s a Southern thing. You just have to know how to make one if you’re from the South.”
· Dessert with Scotty McCreery, who shares his Great-Grandma Lillian’s Pound Cake recipe. If you’re like Scotty, you’ll top that rich cake with a healthy dollop of whipped cream and a handful of fresh blueberries.
· A specialty recipe for No-Bake Cocoa Cookies from Trace Adkins, who loves making these gluten and dairy-free cookies with his kids.
To celebrate the release of Country Music’s Greatest Eats, we’re offering our readers the chance to win a copy! Complete the form below to enter…Good luck!
Congratulations to our winners, Stacey & Miranda!