The six-track collection is based off her latest Grammy-nominated 2020 studio album, Never Will.
“We released Never Will on April 3 last year, so we went straight from rehearsals for a tour to not seeing each other in person for months,” McBryde shares in a statement.
“Getting together to rehearse and record these live versions safely was our way of giving the fans a taste of what they would have seen had the world not changed so much. Man did it feel good to strap on the guitar and see my guys and just play, but we cannot wait to do it again with our incredible fans in person soon.”
One of Sounds Like Nashville’s “20 Best Country Albums Of 2020,” Never Will features McBryde’s current anthemic single “Martha Divine” and the project’s lead track, “One Night Standards.” The former track will be featured on her forthcoming live EP, with its opening song “First Thing I Reach For” out now.
Never Will: Live From A Distance Track List:
1. First Thing I Reach For (Ashley McBryde, Randall Clay, Mick Holland)
2. Shut Up Sheila (Nicolette Hayford, Charles Chisholm)
3. Velvet Red (Ashley McBryde, Patrick Savage, Daniel Smalley)
4. Voodoo Doll (Ashley McBryde, Nicolette Hayford, Brandy Clark, Connie Harrington, Jake Mitchell, Aaron Raitiere)
5. Martha Divine (Ashley McBryde, Jeremy Spillman)
6. Sparrow (Ashley McBryde, Nicolette Hayford, Brandy Clark, Connie Harrington, Jake Mitchell, Aaron Raitiere)