Brett Young will no longer have to sleep without having a No.1 song as his debut single “Sleep Without You” is currently sitting on top of the Country Aircheck/Mediabase/USA Today charts this week!
“It is such a surreal feeling to have my first single go No. 1! I moved to Nashville three years ago and have been so lucky to work the best writers in town,” Young said in part.
The track was inspired after the California native decided he was sick and tired of songs saying the same thing over and over again.
“‘Sleep Without You’ happened because I had gone back to LA to visit friends and family. I was listening to pop radio and there were like three songs in a row that the topic was the same in all three. It was the guy trying to sleep with a girl. I had this moment where I was like ‘We understand why that song works, but enough,’” Young told Sounds Like Nashville. “So I start thinking, ‘is there like a sweet twist that we can put on that?’ I started to think about past relationships and we were in the habit of the goodnight phone call or text. And I thought, ‘I remember nights where she would work late or something and I would be trying to go to sleep, but was laying there tossing and turning because she hadn’t called to say goodnight yet.’”
In conjunction with his chart-topping song, Young announced his self-titled debut album during a lunchtime Facebook live chat. The chat included a live Q&A and the reveal of his follow-up single, “In Case You Didn’t Know,” which hits radio January 9.
Brett Young, set for release on BMLG Records, will hit shelves February 10, 2017. Fans can purchase his self-titled EP on iTunes now.
Brett Young Track List
*This is not the final track list order
• “Sleep Without You” | Brett Young, Kelly Archer, Justin Ebach
• “You Ain’t Here to Kiss Me” | Brett Young, Matt Alderman, Tiffany Goss
• “Left Side of Leavin’” | Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins
• “In Case You Didn’t Know” | Brett Young, Tyler Reeve, Kyle Schlienger, Trent Tomlinson
• “Like I Loved You” | Brett Young, Jesse Lee
• “Beautiful Believer” | Brett Young, Jason Adamo, Annie Wildgen
• “Back on the Wagon” | Brett Young, Jessi Alexander, Josh Thompson
• “Memory Won’t Let Me” | Brett Young, Justin Ebach, Steven Dale Jones
• “Olivia Mae” | Brett Young, Ben Caver
• “Makin’ Me Say” | Cary Barlowe, Zach Crowell, Jon Nite
• “Close Enough” | Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins
• “Mercy” | Brett Young, Sean McConnell