Carly Pearce is currently gearing up for the release of her self-titled second album (due out February 14), and with Christmas on the way she’s decided to give fans a peek at what’s inside.
Today (December 6) Pearce is sharing her album’s full track list and a brand new song, a reflective piano ballad titled “It Won’t Always Be Like This.” Built on difficult memories of the past, the big-picture anthem is all about finding a place gratitude, co-written by Peace with Sam Ellis and Natalie Hemby. Pearce says the track is extremely personal to her — inspired by her move from a small town in Kentucky to Nashville — but it notably arrives as the country community still mourns Pearce’s late producer busbee, who passed away from Glioblastoma in September at the age of 43. Not before he helped Pearce zero in on the classic-country sound of her new song, though, which she says will also be all over the new project.
“I think for me I really want to be a purist,” she told reporters during a press event before the songwriter/producer’s passing. “I want to be a country artist. I see my female friends going out and exploring other genres and I respect them, but that is not for me. … It’s that timeless sound that I love, and I thought it was important that thats what I came with.”
Pre-orders for Carly Pearce are available now, and fans who sign up will get the new track, along with Pearce’s powerful duet with Lee Brice, “I Hope You’re Happy Now,” and the 2018 single “Closer to You.” The album’s full track list is below, featuring songs by big name writers like Luke Combs, Kelsea Ballerini, Thomas Rhett, Little Big Town’s Phillip Sweet and Jimi Westbrook, Old Dominion’s Trevor Rosen and more.
Carly Pearce Track List:
- “Closer To You” — Hillary Lindsey, Gordie Sampson, Troy Verges
- “Call Me” — busbee, Emily Shackelton, Phillip Sweet, Jimi Westbrook
- “I Hope You’re Happy Now (Carly Pearce and Lee Brice)” — Carly Pearce, Luke Combs, Randy Montana, Jonathan Singleton
- “Dashboard Jesus” — Victoria Banks, Sara Haze, Emily Shackelton
- “Halfway Home” — Carly Pearce, Jimmy Robbins, Laura Veltz
- “Heart’s Going Out Of Its Mind” — Carly Pearce, Joe Ginsberg, Laura Veltz
- “Finish Your Sentences (Carly Pearce and Michael Ray)” — Kelsea Ballerini, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Thomas Rhett
- “It Won’t Always Be Like This” — Carly Pearce, Sam Ellis, Natalie Hemby
- “Lightning In A Bottle” — Hannah Ellis, Anna Vaus
- “Love Has No Heart” — Sara Haze, Shane McAnally, Trevor Rosen
- “Woman Down” — Shane McAnally, Jimmy Robbins, Laura Veltz
- “You Kissed Me First” — Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey, Gordie Sampson
- “Greener Grass” — Hillary Lindsey, Jonny Price, Ben West