Superstar collaborators Ed Sheeran, Chris Stapleton and Bruno Mars are in uncharted territory on Sheeran’s explosive new single, “Blow,” going full-on glam rock for a furious blast of pop exploration.
Full of lusty lyrics, hot blooded electric guitars and punishing drums, “Blow” is a straight up hair-metal manifesto, pouring gasoline on Stapleton’s usually slow-burning vocal for the song’s second verse and drawing a line back to acts like Motley Crue, Poison and Guns N’ Roses. Meanwhile, its official video captures that essence in style. Directed by Mars, the head-banging clip uses an all-female band to portray the stars and was filmed in Los Angeles’ infamous rock club, The Viper Room.
“Supernatural woman, supernatural freak / Don’t know what you’re doin’, got me feelin’ weak / Oh, I wanna call you fever, baby, you can set a fire on me / Hot damn, pop it like a pistol, mama / You got me down on my knees, begging please,” goes Stapleton’s passionate section.
Sheeran released the track last week alongside another all-star collab – “Best Part of Me” featuring YEEBA. “I loved making both records,” Sheeran says of the two tracks. “YEBBA is phenomenal, she’s onto massive things. Bruno, Chris and I had a lot of fun recording. Play them loud, tell your mates, enjoy.”
Both songs are part of Sheeran’s upcoming No. 6 Collaborations album — out July 12 — and the British icon has also released headline grabbing tracks like “I Don’t Care” with Justin Bieber, plus others with Chance the Rapper, Khalid and more. Sheeran has plans for globetrotting tour of pop-up shows in the works, with more information about potential American dates coming soon. No word on if Stapleton will be included.
Here’s a complete track list for Ed Sheeran’s No. 6 Collaborations album:
- “Beautiful People” feat. Khalid
- “South of the Border” feat. Camila Cabello & Cardi B
- “Cross Me” feat. Chance the Rapper & PnB Rock
- “Take Me Back” to London feat. Stormzy
- “Best Part of Me” feat. YEBBA
- “I Don’t Care” with Justin Bieber
- “Antisocial” with Travis Scott
- “Remember the Name” feat. Eminem & 50 Cent
- “Feels” feat. Young Thug & J Hus
- “Put It All” on Me feat. Ella Mai
- “Nothing on You” feat. Paulo Londra & Dave
- “I Don’t Want Your Money” feat. H.E.R
- “1000 Nights” feat. Meek Mill & A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie
- “Way to Break” My Heart feat. Skrillex
- “Blow” with Chris Stapleton & Bruno Mars