Grammy winning country star Kacey Musgraves has been revealed as a featured artist on the soundtrack to Disney’s upcoming blockbuster sequel, Frozen 2, set for release on November 15.
Performing the song “All Is Found” during the animated feature’s end credits, Musgraves will be joined on the soundtrack by longtime rock favorites Weezer — who offer “Lost in the Woods”– and Panic! At the Disco — delivering a track titled “Into the Unknown.” All three songs are also performed by the film’s stars during the actual movie, and are part of the seven new originals written by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez. Christophe Beck supplies the much-anticipated film’s score.
The news places Musgraves in what could prove to be a hit soundtrack, since the music to the first Frozen movie was hailed as a runaway success. It featured the now-iconic theme, “Let It Go” — sung by actress Idina Menzel and reprised for the end credits by Demi LoVato — which won an Oscar for Best Original Song, a Grammy for Best Song Written for Visual Media and was certified double-Platinum in the U.S., among other accolades.
Hitting theaters on November 22, Menzel returns in the film alongside co-stars Kristen Bell, Josh Gad, Jonathan Groff and Evan Rachel Wood. The soundtrack is available for pre-order now.
“The songs and score of Frozen 2 reflect the growth of the characters and the deepening of their story,” says co-director Jennifer Lee. “The music is fun but emotional, personal yet powerful, intimate but also epic. Kristen, Bobby and Christophe have definitely outdone themselves and taken the music to brave new heights.”
Frozen 2 Soundtrack:
- “All Is Found,” performed by Evan Rachel Wood
- “Some Things Never Change,” performed by Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad and Jonathan Groff
- “Into the Unknown,” performed by Idina Menzel (feat. AURORA)
- “When I Am Older,” performed by Josh Gad
- “Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People (Cont.),” performed by Jonathan Groff
- “Lost in the Woods,” performed by Jonathan Groff
- “Show Yourself,” performed by Idina Menzel and Evan Rachel Wood
- “The Next Right Thing,” performed by Kristen Bell
- “Into the Unknown,” performed by Panic! At the Disco (end credits)
- “All Is Found,” performed by Kacey Musgraves (end credits)
- “Lost in the Woods,” performed by Weezer (end credits)