The songs of Ronnie Dunn have long been tattooed on our hearts, but Dunn is ready to make a new mark with his upcoming album. Set for release on Oct. 21, Tattooed Heart will feature 12 tracks, including his latest single “Damn Drunk.”
The project features some all-star collaborations, including a duet with Reba on “Still Feels Like Mexico,” Kix Brooks on “Damn Drunk,” and Rascal Flatts’ Jay DeMarcus producing 11 of the 12 tracks. The title track was also written by a pop superstar.
“I had a lot of fun making this album. Jay and I really clicked in the studio and we were both really proud of the final product,” said Dunn. “I branched out of my comfort zone while writing and listening to a ton of music. At the suggestion of my daughter, I even recorded an Ariana Grande song. Ironically, it became the title of the album.”
The lead single from the album, “Damn Drunk,” was released just over two weeks ago. It features vocals from his longtime Brooks & Dunn partner Brooks and was written by Liz Hengber, Alex Kline and Ben Stennis.
“This is one of those tunes that I immediately gravitated to,” Dunn said at the time of the release. “I listened to hundreds of songs while writing a few myself. Jay and I took it into the studio and it went to another level. Witnessing a song do that is magic. It is one of the most gratifying dynamics of music for me. Thanks to Kix, my long time compadre in crime, for joining in on the fun.”
Tattooed Heart is set for release on October 21. Fans can pre-order the project beginning September 23.
Tattooed Heart Track Listing
1. “Ain’t No Trucks in Texas” | Tony Martin, Wendell Mobley, Neil Thrasher
2. “Damn Drunk” with Kix Brooks | Liz Hengber, Alex Kline, Ben Stennis
3. “I Worship the Woman You Walked On” | Bob DiPiero, Mitzi Dawn Jenkins, Tony Mullins
4. “That’s Why They Make Jack Daniels” | Jim Collins, Tom Hambridge, Tony Martin
5. “I Put That There” | Deric Ruttan, Jonathan Singleton
6. “Young Buck” | Jaren Johnston, Jeremy Stover
7. “I Wanna Love Like That Again” | Ronnie Dunn
8. “Still Feels Like Mexico” featuring Reba McEntire | Tommy Lee James, Jon Randall
9. “Tattooed Heart” | Antonio Dixon, Kenneth Edmonds, Sean Forman, Ariana Grande, Matt Squire, Leon Thomas, Khristopher Van Riddick Tynes
10. “This Old Heart” | Jim Beavers, Jonathan Singleton
12. “Only Broken Heart in San Antone” | Steve Bogard, Jeff Stevens
13. “She Don’t Honky Tonk No More” | Ronnie Dunn, Nikki Fernandez