We’re just days away from the kickoff of the 2019 CMA Music Festival. Each and every year, the festival gets bigger and better, and this year is no exception. With hundreds of thousands of fans expected to participate in the festival’s activities this year, it’s safe to say that CMA Fest 2019 is going to be the CMA’s biggest yet. In fact, this year, the festival will see performances from country’s biggest names – from Luke Bryan to Carrie Underwood to Florida Georgia Line and so many more. If you’re looking to see live country music, you’re in the right place!
With CMA Fest officially on the books for June 6-9, we came up with a list of 12 people you might run into during the festival… Enjoy!
1. The Lobster: The fan who has been sitting at the Riverfront in the sun all day (without sunscreen!) to reserve a spot to see their favorite artist perform.
2. The Sleep-Deprived: You know who this person is. In fact, you may have actually been this person at one time or another. They’ve been up since the wee hours of the morning and are willing to stay up until the wee hours of the morning. How else will can they fit all of those concerts in?
3. The Organizer: This person has been planning their group’s CMA Fest schedule since…well, last CMA Fest. They know who they’re going to see, when they’re going to see them, and the fastest way to get there. They even have an app to coordinate it all!
4. The Tailgater: Rather than buying a four-day pass to Nissan Stadium, the tailgater will set up camp along the pedestrian bridge to watch the show from the big screens in Nissan Stadium. They may not get a great view of the stage, but the beer is a heck of a A LOT cheaper out there!
5. The Super Fan: The super fan came to CMA Fest for one reason: to see their favorite artist. He/she will be at every single one of that artist’s appearances throughout the week.
6. The Freebie Gatherer: This is the person who LOVES all of the CMA Fest freebies. They spend their time walking up and down every aisle at the Music City Center to collect all of the handouts. “Sure, I’ll take that dog treat for the dog I don’t have yet. It’s FREE!”
7. The Autograph Collector: This person will collect as many autographs as possible on one single item, like a guitar or the boot on their foot. They want everyone to sign it until there is no room left!
8. The Repeat Visitor: This is the fan who has been coming to CMA Fest since it was held at the fairgrounds and was called “Fan Fair.” They make their yearly pilgrimage to Nashville and have become recognizable to other fans and artists alike.
9. The Street Teamer: That band you’ve never heard of? Oh, you’ll know all about them once you run into a Street Teamer, who’s out promoting their favorite new act with flyers and a boatload of swag.
10. The Over Dressed: There’s one in every crowd! It’s 95 degrees and humid… you don’t need those heels, sheath dress, and caked on makeup. It’s just going to melt it right off. It’s an outdoor festival and it’s all about comfort, people!
11. The Pushy Parent: Every parent wants the world for their child, but this one wants the universe. They want their kids to be front and center for everything. There’s no point in fighting… it’ll only get ugly!
12. The First Timers: Whether they’ve waited one year or 20 years, these fans are over the moon to have made it to the mecca of country music for their first CMA Fest. These people are wide-eyed and eager as the drag their entourages up and down the streets of Nashville to catch every possible showcase they can.
Did we miss anyone? Let us know!