The nominations for the 54th Annual CMA Awards were announced on Tuesday morning by Carly Pearce and Luke Combs on Good Morning America and Ingrid Andress and Gabby Barrett on a CMA livestream. Many of the nominees have already taken to social media to share their excitement for their nominations.
The 2020 CMA Awards will take place in Nashville on Wednesday, November 11 on ABC at 8/7c. See the full list of nominees here.
Here are some of the artist reactions to the CMA Award nominations:
• Luke Combs, nominated for Entertainer, Male Vocalist and Album: “Wow. What a morning. Thank you to the @cma for the consideration. Thank you to my team, my band and crew, my family, my beautiful wife @nicohocking, and to the fans, we miss you. None of this is possible without any of you. WE did this. THANK YOU!”
• Maren Morris, nominated for Female Vocalist, Single, Song and Musical Event for “The Bones” and “Fooled Around And Fell In Love”: “In the year that paused for many of us, we turned to country music. Thank you to my peers for these nominations. To @hozier for amplifying this song even higher with your otherworldly talent & to @mirandalambertfor having me on this stellar lineup. WOMEN CLEANED UP THIS YEAR!”
• Thomas Rhett, nominated for Male Vocalist and Musical Event for “Be A Light”: “Let’s go!”
• Ashley McBryde, nominated for Female Vocalist, Album and Musical Event for “Fooled Around And Fell In Love”: “Holy sh*t. 3 nominations?! I couldn’t be more excited and honored to be in these categories with men and women whose records I LOVE.”
• Little Big Town, nominated for Vocal Group: “Thank you for this nomination. So proud to be a part of this amazing category.”
• Old Dominion, nominated for Vocal Group and Album: “Thank y’all, @CountryMusic.”
• Rascal Flatts, nominated for Vocal Group: “We’re SO honored to be nominated for Vocal Group of the Year at this year’s #CMAawards! It’s humbling to be recognized 20 years into the amazing career YOU allowed us to have. Thank you CMA, country radio, our artist peers & our Flattheads for the love & support.”
• Brothers Osborne, nominated for Vocal Duo: “Never ever gets old. So lucky to be a part of the country music community. Love y’all @cma.”
• Dan + Shay, nominated for Vocal Duo, Single, Musical Event for “10,000 Hours” and Music Video: “waking up to 4 @cma nominations this morning felt better than ever. thank you so much to our fans and the country music family for continuing to believe in our dreams. we will always be grateful.”
• Maddie & Tae, nominated for Vocal Duo: “Always an honor, @CountryMusic. What a nice bright spot for this crazy year. Nominated along side some of our favorite music makers!”
• Ingrid Andress, nominated for New Artist and Song: “un FREAKING real. thank you #cmaawards. i was not prepared to be emotional on a Tuesday. New Artist of the year is INSANE, and Song of the Year?! R U SERIOUS. I’m shooketh. thank u thank u.”
• Carly Pearce, nominated for New Artist, Song, Musical Event and Video for “I Hope You’re Happy Now”: “Being nominated as an artist, songwriter, visual storyteller and collaborator with Lee Brice is truly an honor. ‘I Hope You’re Happy Now’ was the last song I worked on with my producer busbee before he unexpectedly passed away from brain cancer last September. I celebrate these nominations with him, knowing that he is looking down on me from above.”
• Reba McEntire, nominated for Musical Event for “Be A Light”: Thanks for asking me to be a part of #BeALight @ThomasRhett!”
• Tenille Townes, nominated for Musical Event for “Fooled Around And Fell In Love”: “This is WILD! Was an honour to sing beside these voices I look up to so darn much and what a dream to be nominated beside friends. Thank you @mirandalambert for bringing us together.”
• Caylee Hammack, nominated for Musical Event for “Fooled Around And Fell In Love”: “Holy moly and I thought being on tour with these girls was the cherry on top…..y’all we are nominated for the #CMAAWARDS!!! Congrats ladies.”
• Elle King, nominated for Musical Event for “Fooled Around And Fell In Love”: “Well I guess 2020 isn’t too bad after all… found out this morning me and a few of the most talented women in music are nominated for the #CMAawards congrats to all the nominees!!!”
• Lee Brice, nominated for Musical Event for “I Hope You’re Happy Now”: “Thank you
@CountryMusic!! Such an honor to be nominated with @carlypearce!”
• Chris Tomlin, nominated for Musical Event for “Be A Light”: Woke up today to find out that “Be A Light” has been nominated for a @CountryMusic Award! Huge thanks to @ThomasRhett for having me be a part of this alongside the legendary @reba, @HillaryScottLA, and @KeithUrban. Thank you to the CMA Awards for the nomination!