Country Faith will release the third installment from its music series, entitled Country Faith Hymns, on May 6, 2016.
“I’ve always loved the hymns,” said one of the album’s executive producers Deborah Evans Price. “There’s something so comforting and inspiring about these timeless songs. On Country Faith Hymns, you’ll hear the most compelling legacy and contemporary voices in Country Music delivering songs that have become part of the soundtrack of our lives. We are thrilled to be partnering with Word Entertainment/Curb Records to bring these treasured hymns to the world. I’m especially excited about Wade Hayes’ new recording of ‘Just As I Am.’ I’ve been a fan of Wade’s for a long time and am so grateful he’s sharing this song with us. It moves me every time I listen.”
“I am so very excited and proud to be part of the Country Faith Hymns project. ‘Just As I Am’ has been a favorite of mine since I was a child growing up at Lake View Church of Christ in my hometown in Oklahoma. It seemed like the perfect choice for me to record,” added Hayes.
Country Faith Hymns will be released in two versions beginning May 6. The first will be available online, as well as Walmart, Barnes & Noble and other retailers. The second version will be exclusive to all Cracker Barrel stores and will feature two additional songs. For more information, visit countryfaith.com.
Country Faith Hymns track listing:
1. Willie Nelson – “Uncloudy Day”
2. Johnny Cash – “Were You There (When They Crucified My Lord)”
3. Amy Grant with Vince Gill – “Rock Of Ages”
4. Wade Hayes – “Just As I Am”
5. Brad Paisley – “The Old Rugged Cross”
6. George Jones - “Softly And Tenderly”
7. Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris – “Farther Along”
8. Hank Williams – “I Saw The Light”
9. Alan Jackson – “Precious Memories”
10. Gene Watson – “Help Me”
11. Collin Raye with Andrea Thomas – “Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing”
12. Randy Travis - “Blessed Assurance”
Cracker Barrel Exclusive Songs:
13. Trace Adkins – ”Wayfaring Stranger”
14. B.J. Thomas – “Amazing Grace”