Ashley McBryde’s highly anticipated sophomore album will release on April 3. Dubbed Never Will, the record will feature 11 new songs, nine of which were written by the songstress herself.
Accroding to McBryde, the title of the record comes from lyrics featured in song number 10 on the track listing.
“The significance behind the album title comes from the lyrics in the title track: ‘I Didn’t, I Don’t and I Never Will,’” McBryde shared in a press release. “Before we recorded it with Jay [Joyce] in the studio, I said to my bandmates, ‘If we’re going to cut this and put it on the record, you’re promising anyone who ever listens to our music, we don’t listen to the noise in the background. We didn’t, we don’t and we never will. Don’t cut it unless you’re willing to promise it.’ And we cut it right then.”
As anticipation for the record builds, the Arkansas native will hit the road for her many scheduled live performances. First up will be a performance at MusiCares honoring Aerosmith on January 24 in Los Angeles. She’ll then kick off her headlining One Night Standards Tour in Birmingham, AL on January 30.
Pre-order for Never Will is available now.
Never Will Track Listing:
- Hang In There Girl (Ashley McBryde, Jeremy Bussey)
- One Night Standards (McBryde, Nicolette Hayford, Shane McAnally)
- Shut Up Sheila (Hayford, Charles Chisholm)
- First Thing I Reach For (McBryde, Randall Clay, Mick Holland)
- Voodoo Doll (McBryde, Hayford, Brandy Clark, Connie Harrington, Jake Mitchell, Aaron Raitiere)
- Sparrow (McBryde, Hayford, Clark, Harrington, Mitchell, Raitiere)
- Martha Divine (McBryde, Jeremy Spillman)
- Velvet Red (McBryde, Patrick Savage, Daniel Smalley)
- Stone (McBryde, Hayford)
- Never Will (McBryde, Chris Harris, Blue Foley, Matt Helmkamp, Christian Sancho, Victor Quinn Hill)
- Styrofoam (Randall Clay)