Matters of the heart can be hard to deal with, especially if it leaves you unable to move on. In Cassadee Pope’s new single “If My Heart Had a Heart,” she pleads with her heart to let her move on and let go of her heartbreak.
“If my heart had a heart it would go on and leave me alone / it’d stop having a mind of its own / let me forget you and let me let go / it would stop hanging on / it would finally put this to rest / instead of putting this stake in my chest / oh no it wouldn’t tear me apart / if my heart had a heart,” she sings in the chorus.
The single is the first release from Pope’s upcoming new album, Stages. In writing for the record, the Florida native let go of all her inhibitions and didn’t hold back when telling her story.
“I really don’t know how I would have moved on with my life without this album,” she revealed. “In the past, I made records I thought everyone could relate to. This time, I didn’t think about that at all. I wanted to tell a story of my truths and perspective on how I approached life in hopes that the messages reach someone who may need help in their own stumble.”
Of the 11 songs on the album, seven were co-written by Pope, including one of her early releases “One More Red Light.” The full album will drop on Feb. 11.
Fans will get to hear much of Pope’s new album when she hits the road this summer for Maren Morris’ Girl: The World Tour. The trek will take Pope, Morris and RaeLynn to more than 40 cities across the United States, Europe, and Australia. For a full list of dates, click here. In addition to joining Girl: The World Tour, Pope will headline this year’s CMT Next Women of Country Tour, which begins on April 1 in Tampa, FL.
Pre-order your copy of Stages now.
Stages Track List:
1. Take You Home (Paul Digiovanni, Ben Hayslip, Emily Weisband)
2. One More Red Light (Cassadee Pope, Kelly Archer, Emily Shackelton)
3. How I Feel Right Now (Cassadee Pope, Sarah Buxton, Corey Crowder)
4. Bring Me Down Town (Cassadee Pope, Sarah Buxton, Corey Crowder, Jared Mullins)
5. If My Heart Had A Heart (Hannah Ellis, Josh Kerr, Matt McGinn)
6. FYI (Cassadee Pope, Blake Hubbard, Jarrod Ingram, Maghan Kabir)
7. Distracted (Cassadee Pope, Corey Crowder)
8. Gavi (Jason Gaviati)
9. Don’t Ask Me (Cassadee Pope, Zach Abend, Corey Crowder, Cale Dodds)
10. Still Got It (Cassadee Pope, Victoria Banks, Emily Shackelton)
11. I’ve Been Good (Andy Albert, Marc Beeson, Jordan Walker)