We’ve been talking about setting sail with Blake Shelton on the Blake Shelton Cruise for months now. McKenna Faith told us about the excursions she’s looking forward to, Chris Cavanaugh told us what he’d need to survive a shipwreck, Randy Houser shared some must-have items, and Maggie Rose inspired us with her incredible packing list. (Seriously, where can we get those scuba heels she introduced us to?)
We cruise out of Miami on October 14 for a seven day party on board the Norwegian Pearl. With just a little under two months until we leave, it’s time to start packing. We’ve compiled a list of what we suggest bringing aboard…
1) iPod. Have you created your cruise play list yet? Bring it on board! A great way to prepare for the dozens of shows scheduled throughout the week is to lay by the pool, pop in the ear buds, and turn up the tunes. Frankie Ballard’s “A Buncha Girl’s,” Jerrod Niemann’s “Shinin’ On Me,” Tyler Farr’s “Hot Mess,” Easton Corbin’s “Roll with It,” and Blake Shelton’s “Some Beach” are some of our favs!
2) Ibuprofen. You need a pick me up from all that late night drinking, singing and dancing. After all, Blake has deemed this the “booze cruise.”
3) Cowboy boots. In the words of fellow BS Cruise’r Randy Houser, we’re going out with our “Boots On!” This is a country cruise, y’all.
4) Water wings. Yep, floaties. Throw these on with your cutest swim suit. Safety first!
5) Passport. You packed all of this cool stuff and you’re ready to party with Blake and his friends. Don’t get left at the port!!
6) Camera. What happens on the boat…ends up on Facebook and Twitter.
7) Your favorite summer dress. These go great with those cowboy boots and flip flops. During the week we’ll be traveling to St Thomas, San Juan, Tortolla, and Nassau. It may be fall at home, but the summer never ends in paradise.
8) Sunscreen. You want a tan, not a sunburn.
9) Big ass tote bag. Your ingredients for Miranda Lambert’s famous “Randarita” will fit perfectly in here. (Randarita recipe = Bacardi, Raspberry Lemonade Crystal Light and a splash of sprite zero)
10) BAIL MONEY. Take some of that stash you plan to spend on shopping and set it aside in case of an emergency.
Hopefully this list helps with your packing. And if you’re still on the fence about coming aboard, check out CMIL’s 10 Reasons Why You Should Set Sail With The Blake Shelton Cruise. Then head on over to BlakeSheltonCruise.com to sign up and be sure to tell ‘em CountryMusicIsLove sent you. To see a full list of the artists who will be onboard with us, click HERE.
PLUS- we just got word that there will be a surprise guest on board! Any guesses as to who it will be?