25 years after releasing their debut album Cracked Rear View, Hootie & The Blowfish will share a new batch of songs with fans. Set for release on November 1, Imperfect Circle will feature 13 brand new tunes, 12 of which were co-written by the band.
“I think it’s cool that Imperfect Circle kind of has the same ring to it as Cracked Rear View where you’re looking back and you realize nobody’s journey is perfect, but here we are,” guitarist Mark Bryan told Billboard of the album’s name.
“We’ve been playing together for thirty-something years and for us to be here and to be doing this tour, to be making a record, it just seems like Imperfect Circle was perfect,” added Rucker.
As anticipation for the new record builds, the band has only increased interest with the release of the track listing. Ed Sheeran appears as a songwriter on “Wildfire Love,” a song that includes Lucie Silvas on vocals. Chris Stapleton also serves as a songwriter on the album with the track “Hold On.” Additionally, Sheryl Crow contributes on backing vocals throughout Imperfect Circle.
Fans can pre-order the album now before its release on November 1.
Imperfect Circle Track
1. New Year’s Day (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh, Tofer Brown, Eric Paslay and Jeﬀ Trott)
2. Miss California* (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh, Andrew DeRoberts and David Ryan Harris)
3. Wildfire Love (Featuring Lucie Silvas) (Hootie & the Blowfish, Joel Crouse, Kyle Rife and Ed Sheeran)
4. Hold On* (Jim Beavers and Chris Stapleton)
5. Turn It Up (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh and Jeff Trott)
6. Not Tonight (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh, Andrew DeRoberts and David Ryan Harris)
7. We Are One (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh)
8. Everybody But You* (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh and Frank Rogers)
9. Lonely On A Saturday Night (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh, Eric Paslay and Jeﬀ Trott)
10. Why (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh, Chris August and James Slater)
11. Rollin’ (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh, Adam Doleac, Zach Kale and John King)
12. Half A Day Ahead (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh)
13. Change (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh)
Album Produced by Jeff Trott
*Produced by Frank Rogers
Remaining Group Therapy Tour Dates:
September 6 Pelham, Ala. | Oak Mountain Amphitheatre
September 7 Nashville, Tenn. | Bridgestone Arena
September 11 Columbia, S.C. | Colonial Life Arena
September 12 Columbia, S.C. | Colonial Life Arena
September 13 Columbia, S.C. | Colonial Life Arena
October 4 Dublin, Ireland | 3 Arena
October 6 Bristol, England | O2 Academy
October 7 Leeds, England | O2 Academy
October 9 Glasgow, Scotland | Barrowland
October 10 Glasgow, Scotland | Barrowland
October 12 London, England | Eventim Apollo
October 15 Manchester, England | O2 Apollo
October 16 Birmingham, England | O2 Academy