Jimmie Allen has had chart-topping success all his own, but for his latest project, the rising star called on a few friends to help him. Dubbed the Bettie James EP, Allen enlisted artists including Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Mickey Guyton and more to create a seven-song collaborative project.
“I am a fan of every artist on this project and humbled to have each one of them be a part of it,” the Maryland native said of his EP. “Each artist has touched the life of my dad, my grandmother and me through their music. I’m proud of this body of music and thankful to every writer that helped me create Bettie James.”
On top of inviting artists close to his heart, the project holds a whole other meaning to Allen. Dubbed Bettie James, the EP is named for his late grandmother and father.
“My dad and grandmom were two completely different people, but both played a huge part in my life,” he shared previously. “Since they died, I have been wanting to leave trails of their legacies throughout my music.”
Bettie James is set for release on July 10.
Bettie James – Track List:
1. “Good Times Roll” – Jimmie Allen, Nelly (Jimmie Allen, Zach Kale, Cornell Haynes Jr.)
2. “Drunk and I Miss You” – Jimmie Allen, Mickey Guyton (Tommy Cecil, Matt McGinn, Lauren LaRue)
3. “Days Made For These” – Jimmie Allen, Tim McGraw (Jimmie Allen, Rob Grimaldi, Riley Biederer)
4. “Freedom Was A Highway” – Jimmie Allen, Brad Paisley (Jimmie Allen, Ash Bowers, Matt Rogers)
5. “Why Things Happen” – Jimmie Allen, Charley Pride, Darius Rucker (Jimmie Allen, Tate Howell, Cary Barlowe, Brandon Day)
6. “When This Is Over” (feat. The Oak Ridge Boys) – Jimmie Allen, Tauren Wells, Rita Wilson (Zach Kale, Jon Nite, Laura Veltz)
7. “This Is Us” – Jimmie Allen, Noah Cyrus (Noah Cyrus, Tyler Hubbard, Jordan Schmidt, Ilsey Juber, Dernst “D’Mile” Emile II)