The coronavirus shutdown changed the lives of people around the world and allowed them to change their priorities and refocus on new and exciting endeavors. Singer/songwriter Jordan Davis used the last year to his advantage, deciding to recenter himself and focus on writing songs that mean the most to him. His ability to peel back the layers and invigorate his soul resulted in a new eight-song EP, Buy Dirt.
“I’ve always loved artists who take risks,” says Davis in a press release. “I’m in a different spot in my life than I was when I released Home State. We all are! 2020 was a tough time for everyone. I was able to use that time to recenter some things in my world, and I didn’t want those lessons to go to waste. I wanted to create something special. The best way to that was to write honestly, and we did a lot of that on this record.”
The EP also allowed Davis to connect with people in a new way, and that connection led him to inviting Luke Bryan to join him on the title track.
“We sat around the fire after a golf tournament one day, smoking cigars and talking about everything but music,” Davis recalls. “That conversation always stuck with me. Luke isn’t just a great entertainer; he’s a great Dad, a great husband, and a great friend, too. That’s what ‘Buy Dirt’ embodies. When I wrote ‘Buy Dirt,’ I knew he could relate to the song’s message. I took a chance and asked him to join me on the recording, and he said yes.”
Davis co-write seven of the eight songs featured on the project, with the opening track being a cover of John Prine’s “Blow Up Your TV.” His single, “Almost Maybes” is currently in the Top 10 at country radio. The Louisiana native will hit the road this fall as part of Kane Brown’s Blessed And Free Tour.
Buy Dirt Track Listing:
- Blow Up Your TV (Written by John Prine and Jeffrey Bradford Kent)
- Buy Dirt (feat. Luke Bryan) (Written by Jordan Davis, Jacob Davis, Josh Jenkins, Matt Jenkins)
- Need To Not (Written by Jordan Davis, Jacob Davis, Josh Jenkins, Matt Jenkins)
- Drink Had Me (Written by Jordan Davis, Ashley Gorley, Emily Weisband, Paul DiGiovanni)
- Lose You (Written by Jordan Davis, Paul DiGiovanni, Josh Kerr, Josh Dorr)
- Almost Maybes (Written by Jordan Davis, Jesse Frasure, Hillary Lindsey)
- I Still Smoked (Written by Jordan Davis, Randy Montana, Jonathan Singleton)
- Trying (Written by Jordan Davis, Ashley Gorley, Emily Weisband, Paul DiGiovanni)