Wouldn’t It Be Great if we had new Loretta Lynn music on the way? Oh wait, we do! That’s right – the country legend has announced an official release date of Friday, September 28, for her latest studio album.
Previously set for release in 2017, Wouldn’t It Be Great will feature songs written or co-written by the Kentucky native that tell the hard truths and spiritual insights she’s gathered throughout her life.
“This new record means so much to me, but this last year I had to focus on my health and I decided to hold up the release,” said Lynn in a press release. “I’m feelin’ good and look forward to it comin’ out. It was really important to me to be a part of it being released and I’m excited to celebrate with everybody!”
A post shared by Loretta Lynn (@lorettalynnofficial) on
Among the tracks on the project is the title track, which Lynn wrote for her late husband, Oliver “Doolittle” Lynn.
“Well,” she shared, “my husband liked to drink a lot and that’s where that song comes from…‘Say you love me just one time, with a sober mind’… I always liked that song but I never liked to sing it around Doo.”
Added Lynn’s daughter Patsy, a co-producer on the project, “That song just always meant so much to me because of the lyrics, you know, ‘when my fancy lace couldn’t turn your face,’ it was just so powerful and was a song that needed to be recorded for this album with Loretta. It shows just how masterful my mom is with writing down her feelings.”
Wouldn’t It Be Great is available for pre-order in digital, CD and 12” vinyl formats.
Loretta Lynn – Wouldn’t It Be Great Track List:
01. Wouldn’t It Be Great? (written by Loretta Lynn)
02. Ruby’s Stool (written by Lynn, Shawn Camp)
03. I’m Dying for Someone to Live For (written by Lynn, Camp)
04. Another Bridge to Burn (written by Lynn, Lola Jean Dillon)
05. Ain’t No Time to Go (written by Lynn, Patsy Lynn Russell)
06. God Makes No Mistakes (written by Lynn)
07. These Ole Blues (written by Lynn, Russell)
08. My Angel Mother (written by Lynn)
09. Don’t Come Home a Drinkin’ (written by Lynn, Peggy Sue Wells)
10. The Big Man (written by Lynn, Camp)
11. Lulie Vars (Traditional, arrangement by Lynn)
12. Darkest Day (written by Lynn)
13. Coal Miner’s Daughter (written by Lynn)