Luke Bryan has revealed the details of his seventh studio album, setting April 24 for the release of Born Here, Live Here, Die Here.
Produced by longtime collaborators Jeff and Jody Stevens, the new set features 10 tracks including Bryan’s last chart topper, “Knockin’ Boots,” and his current Top 10 single, the steamy “What She Wants Tonight.”
Meanwhile, the superstar has also released the album’s reflective title track, a country-pride anthem written by Jake Mitchell, Jameson Rodgers and Josh Thompson which Bryan describes as the catalyst for the whole album. With a patient rhythm, organic sound built on acoustic and steel guitars and lyrics about why he’ll never leave the land he calls home, the track feels in some ways like a grown-up sequel to early-career favorites like “We Rode in Trucks,” with Bryan finding beauty in the consistency of rural life.
“Born here, live here, die here / From the roots, to the boots, to the lay me down suit / Yeah, I’m gonna be proud to be right here / Just like my daddy and his daddy did, too / Ride the same roads, work the same dirt / Go to the same church and drink the same beer / Born here, live here, die here,” goes the chorus.
“The second I heard the song ‘Born Here, Live Here, Die Here’ it related to me, how I grew up, how I have so many roots and so many ties to my hometown,” Bryan says. “Being tied to your hometown is very important in country music. I fell in love with the song right away and now we have an album and a tour derived from this song. It’s pretty amazing. I’m proud of this new music and I’m really excited to get it out!”
View this post on Instagram
The second I heard Born Here Live Here Die Here it related to me, how I grew up, how I have so many roots and so many ties to my hometown and being tied to your hometown is very important in country music. I fell in love with the song right away and now we have an album and tour derived from this song and it’s pretty amazing. I’m proud of this new music and I’m really excited to get it out. #BornHereLiveHereDieHere now available for pre-order. #LinkInBio
Bryan will return to ABC’s American Idol with Katy Perry and Lionel Richie this Sunday (February 16) at 8 p.m. ET. His Proud to Be Right Here Tour kicks off May 28 in Cincinnati, Ohio, with Morgan Wallen and Caylee Hammack.
Born Here, Live Here, Die Here Track Listing:
- “Knockin’ Boots” (Hillary Lindsey, Jon Nite, Gordie Sampson)
- “What She Wants Tonight” (Luke Bryan, Ross Copperman, Hillary Lindsey, Jon Nite)
- “Born Here Live Here Die Here” (Jake Mitchell, Jameson Rodgers, Josh Thompson)
- “One Margarita” (Michael Carter, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson)
- “Too Drunk To Drive” (Luke Bryan, Michael Carter, Brandon Kinney)
- “Build Me A Daddy” (Jake Mitchell, Josh Thompson, Brett Tyler)
- “Little Less Broken” (Michael Carter, Lindsay Rimes, Matt Rogers)
- “For A Boat” (Randy Montana, Josh Thompson, Mike Walker)
- “Where Are We Goin'” (Luke Bryan, Brent Cobb)
- “Down To One” (Dallas Davidson, Justin Ebach, Kyle Fishman)