Country duo Maddie & Tae have revealed plans for a new studio recording project, announcing the details behind Through The Madness Vol. 1.
Sharing their news on Wednesday (December 15), the hit making team of Maddie Font and Taylor Kerr will release the eight-song collection on January 28, 2022.
Described as another set steeped in their “fierce independence and vulnerability,” Through The Madness Vol. 1. will feature eight songs in total, including the recent single “Woman You Got” and their latest release, “Madness,” plus collaborations with Lori McKenna and Morgane Stapleton (wife and creative partner of Chris Stapleton).
The follow up to their full-length 2020 album, The Way It Feels, the duo co-wrote each of the tracks themselves — including a pair of new songs with Taylor’s husband, hit songwriter Josh Kerr — and say the project marks a new creative beginning.
“These eight songs are the start of a new chapter for us,” Maddie & Tae share. “We couldn’t be more excited for them to be out in the world!”
Meanwhile, the duo have also launched their first official fan club, and will headline the CMT Next Women of Country Tour Presents: All Song No Static Tour early next year. The tour kicks off January 6, 2022, in Oklahoma City, and in other happy news, Taylor and Josh recently revealed they are expecting a baby girl.
Through The Madness Vol. 1 Track List:
- What It’s Like Loving You (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Josh Kerr, Jordan Minton)
- Woman You Got (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Mark Holman, Laura Veltz)
- Don’t Make Her Look Dumb (Feat. Morgane Stapleton) (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Barry Dean, Luke Laird)
- Grown Man Cry (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Eric Arjes, Jordan Minton)
- Madness (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Jessie Jo Dillon, Zach Kale)
- The Other Side (Feat. Lori McKenna) (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Josh Kerr, Lori McKenna)
- Wish You The Best (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson)*
- Strangers (Maddie Font, Taylor Kerr, Adam Hambrick, Jimmy Robbins)
Produced by Jimmy Robbins & Derek Wells
* = “Wish You The Best” produced by Josh Kerr & Derek Wells