After catching the attention of fans with his dominating self-titled debut, Michael Ray is ready to establish his country cred on his sophomore effort, Amos.
Those who may look at the title with a bit confusion will come to know that Ray named the project after his late grandfather who inspired the direction for many of the tracks. Keeping his honest opinion in the back of his mind, Ray hoped to do the family patriarch proud by focusing on elements that his grandpa would have favored rather than steer off the given path.
“The day I made my debut on the Opry stage, all I could think about was how he would be so proud. Looking back, that moment was a pivotal one–our family lost its patriarch. So, when we started making this record, before I would record vocals on the song I would ask myself, ‘Is this a song I would have played proudly for him?’ It makes this album that much more special to think he would have said, ‘Ray, that’s a good one,’” Ray explained in a press release about the album.
Ray came into the spotlight thanks to the sounds of songs like “Kiss You in the Morning” and “Think a Little Less,” which both went No. 1 on the charts. Working with a number of acclaimed songwriters on his latest set of tracks, the singer can’t wait to share the progress with his fanbase.
Amos will arrive on Friday, June 1, with pre-order available now.
Amos Track Listing:
1. “Fan Girl” (Matt Jenkins/Brad Tursi/Josh Osborne)
2. “One That Got Away” (Josh Osborne/Matthew Ramsey/Trevor Rose/Jesse Frasure)
3. “Summer Water” (Heather Morgan/Lee Thomas Miller)
4. “Get To You” (Abe Stoklasa/Pavel Dovgalyuk)
5. “Forget About It” (Luke Laird/Jaren Johnston)
6. “Her World Or Mine” (Brett Beavers/Jamie Paulin/Travis Denning)
7. “You’re On” (Chase McGill/Jessi Alexander/Matt Jenkins)
8. “I’m Gonna Miss You” (Corey Crowder/Matt McGinn)
9. “Dancing Forever” (Ross Copperman/Shane McAnally/Matt Ramsey/Trevor Rosen)
10. “Girl From Spring Break” (Ben Hayslip/Emily Weisbard/ Rhett Akins)
11. “Drink One For Me” (Josh Thompson/Jimmy Robbins/Jon Nite)