More than five decades later and the Oak Ridge Boys are still turning out great new music to their fans, young and old.
Returning back into the country music scene with a whole new collection of songs, the band will put out 17th Avenue Revival as inspired by the area in Nashville known as Music Row. Specifically finding its heart at RCA Studio A in Music City, the Oak Ridge Boys lent their voices over to Dave Cobb for a second time to bring their vision to life.
“Having been in The Oak Ridge Boys for almost 52 years, it can be difficult for me to imagine a place where we have not been. However, Dave Cobb had that vision, and the result is 17th Avenue Revival,” Duane Allen said of their latest project.
With their last full-length release coming out back in 2009, the Oak Ridge Boys waiting for something grand to sweep them off their feet and they happened to be in luck this time around. Scoring songs written by Brandy Clark, Vince Gill, Shane McAnally and more, the legends hope their album reflects the same light they felt while recording in the iconic space.
“Legendary Studio A on 17th Avenue South became a special, almost spiritual place, and for a few weeks it served as a beacon of creativity,” Allen explained.
The record will feature a total of nine songs, some of which will find their place on the Oak Ridge Boys’ Shine Your Light Tour which hits cities throughout 2018.
17th Avenue Revival will be released on Friday, March 16.
17th Avenue Revival Track Listing:
1. Brand New Star (Aaron Raitiere & Mando Saenz)
2. There Will Be Light (Jamey Johnson, Larry Shell & Buddy Cannon)
3. God’s Got It (Charlie Jackson)
4. I’d Rather Have Jesus (Rhea Miller & George Beverly Shea)
5. Walk In Jerusalem (Traditional /Public Domain)
6. Where He Leads Me I Will Follow (Ernest W. Blandy / Public Domain)
7. Pray To Jesus (Brandy Clark & Shane McAnally)
8. If I Die (Ashley Monroe & Vince Gill)
9. Let It Shine On Me (Vince Gill & Ashley Monroe)