Trisha Yearwood Tests Positive For Covid-19

Written by Lauren Laffer
Trisha Yearwood Tests Positive For Covid-19
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - MARCH 14: Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks arrive at the 2019 iHeartRadio Music Awards which broadcasted live on FOX at Microsoft Theater on March 14, 2019 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic)

Just days after announcing that they were quarantining at home after coming into close contact with someone on their team that had tested positive for COVID-19, Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood have shared a health update. In a press release from the couple’s representative, it has been confirmed after two tests that Yearwood is positive, while Brooks remains negative.

“The Queen and I have now tested twice,” said Brooks in the press release, “Officially, she’s diagnosed as ‘on her way out of the tunnel’ now, though, which I’m extremely thankful for.”

“Anyone who knows me knows my world begins and ends with Miss Yearwood, so she and I will ride through this together,” the statement continues. “And anyone who knows her knows she’s a fighter and she’s been doing everything right, so I know we’ll walk out the other side of this thing together.”

“She’s tough. She’s stronger than me,” Garth says, though he welcomes any prayers and good thoughts anyone wants to send her way. “If anyone asks, that’s what you can do for her. That’s what I’m doing. Living with her, I sometimes take it for granted she’s one of the greatest voices in all of music, so the possible long-term effects on her concern me as her husband and as a fan. We’re very lucky she is currently under the greatest care in the best city for treating and healing singers.”

It was on February 11 that the couple said they were beginning their quarantine, and due to severe weather in the Nashville area, they were unable to get tested until just recently.

“Due to someone on their team testing positive for Covid-19 and out of an abundance of caution, Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood are canceling everything and testing and quarantining for two weeks,” the original statement read.

Brooks’ Monday night Facebook live, Inside Studio G, will continue to be on hiatus for the time being.